URU, The Right to Be, Inc is a content production company that develops and implements films and other arts-based national initiatives that educate and inspire. We are located in Hamden, CT.
URU seeks an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant. They will report directly to URU’s Founder/CEO. Prior experience in the nonprofit sector is a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support for diverse internal and external needs
- Schedule, coordinate and track meetings and events
- Book travel arrangements and manage complex travel itineraries
- Draft correspondence in both email and hard copy
- Type dictated letters, respond to e-mails, mail and fax documents
- Manage data in Excel spreadsheets
- Communicate with outside organizations and institutions
- Manage special events
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum two years’ experience in an office setting
- Ability to type a minimum of 60 wpm
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Working knowledge of social networking platforms; e.g., Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team contributor
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Comfortable in a flexible, shared, fast-paced work environment
- Mature, highly motivated, well-organized and patient
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Personal vehicle is a plus
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus
- Current Connecticut residency
Benefits and Perks
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “FT Executive Administrative Assistant – Your Last Name.” Salary commensurate with experience. No phone calls, please!
URU The Right To Be, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer